Q: ABS light constantly on ,on Dashbody

asked by on December 29, 2016

My name is Golden Mpundu,My car is a Honda CR-V 1998 Model, a week ago I took it for a service .I changed the front chock absorbers as well as changed the rear tyres.let me say the front tyres were taken behind because they still look to be in good condition and then replaced the ones in front, meaning all the wheels were tempered with. The other thing I changed were oil and fuel filter as well as engine oil. When I got It,i did not realize at first that the ABS light on the dash body was on until about a day or so when I noticed. Currently its just parked home but I contacted the mechanic who advised me to take it back to him. Please advise

Hello Golden. Thanks for writing to YourMechanic.com for some advice on the ABS light issue. Driving with the ABS Light on is not a good idea because it means your ABS is not working properly. This means your vehicle may not handle like it normally does. If both your ABS Light and Brake System Light come on, this is an emergency and you need to have a professional mechanic complete a brake system inspection to determine what is causing the light to illuminate. It’s possible that either the control module or a wheel sensor is causing the problem, but it’s always best to have it checked professionally.