Q: Why won't my car start now? What else should we look at?

Car broke down 2 weeks ago. Was able to start it several times but couldn't drive far. Was making a loud grinding noise. Parked it andwas able to start it 2 times the following day. Turned out distributor needed replaced. Replaced that but grinding noise still there. Turned out my oil gear drive needed replaced and was broken. Last person who had it replaced a piece of it with a different cars part. Replaced that. Retimed car. Go to start it, the engine floods. Finally gets through the flooding and still won't start. At a complete loss to how replacing a distributor will start the car but once the oil gear drive gets replaced it refuses. It tries but won't fire off.

A: Hi. This sounds like the engine timing may ...

Hi. This sounds like the engine timing may still be off and needs to be rechecked for proper alignment. Some of the wiring to the crankshaft sensor may be damaged as well causing it not start as well. Also, the crankshaft that the crankshaft sensor reads could have broken or missing teeth on it causing a no start problem. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.