I have a 2000 Silverado 2wd 1500 old tranny was flooded d...

Q: I have a 2000 Silverado 2wd 1500 old tranny was flooded due to a bad radiator picked up a another 4l60e from a 4.3 motor I have a5

asked by on October 17, 2017

Due to a bad radiator it flooded an burned up the transmission motor is 5.3 transmission is a 4l60e I picked up another transmission from a 4.3 4l60e my son an I changed the converter an bell housing now it will not go into any gear shifter moves up an down bit will not engage any gear is my converter shot?

Hi Gary. Thanks for contacting us today. If you are using the old converter from the previous transmission, it’s likely that is the source of your problem. However, there could be issues with shift solenoids or other electrical components - or the replacement transmission itself has damaged inner seals or other faulty components. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location to help diagnose your issue, as there are several variables.

The transmission wiring may be wired different since it was from a 4.3 engine and you also did not mention what year the new transmission is since it may also be cause of it not working. If it is from same year then you may not be producing pressure from the transmission front pump or converter is bad. You should have the fluid levels checked and then check the other items listed and also scan the computer for any transmission codes so they can be diagnosed.