Q: Can a blown head gasket cause a map controlled thermostat not to open?

Can a blown head gasket cause my map controlled thermostat not to open? The reason i ask is because a friend askd if i have a blown head gasket due to the coolant overfilling my expansion tank .....my old thermostat dosnt open and its causing the coolant to gurgle till it over flows but i dont let it get to that point..... i bought a new thermostat from a chevy dealership and i put it in 200 degree hot water and it still dosnt open..i installed it anyway to see if it would open and I am 100% sure its not opening because when it reaches operating temp the bottom radiator hose stays cold Any help?

Hi there. Although a blown head gasket can cause multiple systems to fail throughout the vehicle, is less than likely that it would impact the operation of the thermostat on the radiator. However, it is quite possible that when the original overheating issue that likely caused the head gasket failure occurred, several electrical harnesses or sensors that control and monitor these components may have been damaged. Coolant can overflow for many reasons, but typically it’s due to having coolant that is not thinned down to the recommended 50/50 ratio of coolant to distilled water when adding coolant to the radiator.

3. Can a blown head gasket cause a map controlled thermostat not to open?