Q: My truck is having difficulty accelerating past 55 mph, what can be the cause of that?

I just moved to Hawaii and had my truck shipped. It wasn't used for a period of 17 days. When I picked it up I noticed it was a bit stiff. But that seem to go away as I drove it. Once on the highway the speed limit was 60 mph. I was barely able to get it to 55. It hasn't failed me, it turns on perfectly fine. Could it be the transmission fluid?

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. Sometimes when y...

Hi, thanks for writing in. Sometimes when you move from the mainland to the Hawaiian Island, a few issues could occur. One is excessive saltwater corrosion that could cause damage to steering components or exposed rubber pieces underneath the vehicle. It can also cause problems with the fuel system, if the air filters become clogged during shipping. Depending on where you moved from, it could be simple changes in the density altitude (especially if you moved from a higher altitude). A good idea would be to have a local mechanic complete a full inspection of the vehicle to see if there is signs of salt water corrosion or start with a basic tune up.

Recommended services
Get a Quote