Q: Vehicle moves in neutral and stalls if I let off clutch. Will not go into some gears.

asked by on October 16, 2017

Vehicle moves while not in gear and will stall if I let off the clutch while still in neutral.

Loud noises when car is put in gear Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Paul. Thanks for contacting us tonight. We’re a bit confused by your question. If the vehicle stalls when you let the clutch out, and the vehicle is hard to shift into gears, it’s likely that your clutch system needs to be replaced. There are so many individual parts that make up the clutch system, so it’s very difficult to pinpoint the root issue without completing an onsite inspection. However, this could be a fuel system problem. Without knowing more details about what’s going on, it’s really hard for us to answer your question accurately.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr