Q: What would cause coolant to be splashed on the engine and you hear a air sound while the car is running?

asked by on September 23, 2017

While driving the car the temperature needle skyrockets and their is dried coolant on the engine right in front. Also their is a air pressure sound coming from the front of the engine. I don't know what this can possibly be..

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The first component that comes to mind is the water pump. It is one of the most common places to develop a leak. It may also spray out of that area, or drip down and be splashed around by the fans. It may also the be hoses in that area leaking and interacting in a similar way. Overheating the engine will cause serious damage, and you need to avoid it at all costs. You will also want to make sure you are adding coolant, or at least water as long as temperatures are guaranteed not to get below freezing. Check the hoses for any damages. Run the vehicle and see if you can physically view the leak in progress. For more help with diagnostics and repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.