Q: Car making whining noise and leaking power steering fluid.

Car making whining noise as I turn the steering wheel. I have been told that I have a power steering fluid leak somewhere.

A: A whining noise while turning the wheel cou...

A whining noise while turning the wheel could certainly be caused by low power steering fluid. Air being sucked through the power steering pump is what causes the whining noise. I would suggest that you ask for help from a mechanic to check for your power steering fluid leak so your power steering won't whine anymore.