Q: I can't turn off my hazard lights in my Mazda 3 - help!

I have turned on my hazard lights by accident and can't turn them off. On the right of the steering column the double arrows are aligned with off.

Hello, thank you for writing in. There is likely something wrong with the hazard switch itself. The power is always available to the switch while off or on for safety reasons. They are wired to work under any condition if possible. The switch holds the responsibility for keeping it off when needed. You can test the switch electronically with an ohmmeter to see if the connection breaks when you turn the switch off. If not the electronic switch which connects the circuit, it also may be the driver control button that you hit to turn of the hazards. Only further testing will tell. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. I can't turn off my hazard lights in my Mazda 3 - help!