Q: How do the illuminated entry and exit lights work?

How do the illuminated entry and exit lights work?

Your car is equipped with illuminated entrance and exit lights. These provide you with better visibility when getting in or out of the car during low light situations. When you use the key or the remote to unlock a door, the illuminated entrance lights come on. When you take the key out of the ignition, the illuminated exit lights come on. Here are a few other tips you need to know about both systems:

Illuminated Entry

• Turning the ignition on turns off the illuminated entry lights.
  • The lights will automatically turn off after 25 seconds.
  • The lights will turn off if you use the remote to lock the doors after unlocking them.
  • The lights will turn off if you lock the door with the keypad.

Illuminated Exit

• The lights will only stay on for 25 seconds.
  • If the dome light is set to off, it will not turn on unless you move the switch to on.

3. How do the illuminated entry and exit lights work?