Why does my wipers cut on as soon as my car battery is on...

Q: Why does my wipers cut on as soon as my car battery is on. For example when I push my unlock button on my key fob they come on and

asked by on February 01, 2018

Why does my wipers cut on as soon as my car battery is on. For example when I push my unlock button on my key fob they come on and I have to unplug them to keep them off. There is no relay or fuse, I have replaced the wiper twice and also a wiper switch and it doesn’t seem to be the wiper module because most Jeeps have issues with blinkers and lights with the wipers. Just curious, would love to know someone that will know the issue because I asked mechanics and they don’t even know. If you could find a wiring diagram just so I can look and see if it’s got a short in it or something.

The problem is most likely caused by a built in relay inside the TIPM or totally integrated power module or also called main engine fuse box. These go bad all the time and can cause accessory problems like you are having and the TIPM will need to be replaced and programmed.