Q: Car shaking when I turn right

asked by on February 14, 2016

When I turn to the right, my whole front end shakes. This never happens when I turn left. In addition, I also hear a loud click or thumping noise when I turn left, or slowly go into a bump.

There is most likely a ball joint that has excessive movement and is failing. Ball joints allow your front wheels to turn back and forth. When they get excessive play in the joint, it can cause all kinds of clunks and vibrations, depending on how the vehicle is being driven. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to come to you and inspect the front suspension of your car, and find the faulty parts so they can be replaced.