Q: The key easily turns from lock all the way to the right with no resistance

I do a little car repair and hope you can help me know if I can do this, or if I have to go to the dealership. My key turns all the way to the right with no resistance. I replaced the Ignition Lock Cylinder, but it didn't help. There's still no resistance. What do you suggest?

The problem is not the ignition key cylinder but the ignition switch. If the internal steering column mechanism is broken, then it will not turn the ignition switch. The ignition switch will have to be removed to see if the mechanism is broken, or it is just the switch is bad. Either way, if the mechanism is broken, then the ignition switch along with the mechanism should be replaced. If you would like someone to take care of this for you, a technician from YourMechanic, can come to your home of office to replace your ignition switch or ignition assembly if needed.

• The key easily turns from lock all the way to the right with no resistance