How do I adjust the height of the shoulder belt? belts sa...

Q: How do I adjust the height of the shoulder belt?

asked by on December 11, 2015

How do I adjust the height of the shoulder belt?

The front driver and passenger seats have adjustable shoulder belts on the three-point seat belts. This allows the belts to be adjusted vertically. To adjust the shoulder belt, locate the belt guide, which will be on the inside of the vehicle’s frame; there will be a belt connector on the belt guide, where the shoulder belt meets the car. Squeeze the button on the belt connector, and slide it up or down. When the belt is at the desired height, release the button. You should adjust the belt higher if you are a tall

person, and lower if you are a short person.

Tip

After releasing the button on the belt connector, wiggle the connector to make sure that it is securely latched in place. Otherwise, your seat belt will not be securely latched.