Q: Car is idling at high rpm's and when the days are hot the car cranks but doesn't turn on and also exhaust is smoking when i rev it

So my car idles high in park & in hot days the car won't wanna turn on it cranks and it might turn on after trying to turn it on but then dies unless i give it gas, only in hot days also my car has been burning oil but no smoke has came from the exhaust till i added some oil and all of the sudden the car start smoking up from the exhaust when i drive or rev it. what could be the issue? it drives fine oil is a bit dark when i checked it tho and the car seems to drive normal.

Hello - your symptoms suggest worn piston rings or valve stem seals (smoking), and a possible air leak in the intake, or idle air control valve sticking open (high idle). Both are signs of a higher-mileage engine with significant wear. I recommend an engine inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

There are a few possible issues for each of the issues you have described. It’s possible that they are individual issues, or that they may be related. As far as the high idle, this could come from a vacuum leak, malfunctioning idle control, or a faulty sensor. The smoke from the tailpipe when revved could have a couple of possibilities, also. There could be faulty valve seals, worn piston rings, or any number of other issues. Knowing what color of smoke coming from the tailpipe will help narrow down the suspects. The one thing that comes to my mind, with the list you provided, would be to check the pcv valve and the plumbing for it. A clogged pcv valve can cause a lot of the issues you have mentioned. If you feel you could use a hand in diagnosing/repairing an issue, contact a certified mechanic, like the mobile mechanics available at YourMechanic.com.

3. Car is idling at high rpm's and when the days are hot the car cranks but doesn't turn on and also exhaust is smoking when i rev it