Q: Oil burning

my car burning how to if the cause bad head valve gasket or piston rings

A: Hello. Oil can only get in to the cylinder ...

Hello. Oil can only get in to the cylinder one of two ways. Oil can get past the piston rings from worn or seized rings on the pistons. There is even a possibility of broken rings. The other way oil can get into the cylinder is through the intake valve oil seal is torn or hardened from age or heat or the valve guide is worn allowing the valve to move too much letting oil into the cylinder. If you are unsure how to best remedy this, a qualified professional from YourMechanic can inspect the oil burning problem and advise you on correct repairs.