Q: Car stalls, have to start from neutral. 1997 Jaguar XJ6

My car has been stalling. It usually happens when I'm stopped in the traffic and try to apply the gas pedal. In that moment, the car stalls. Then, I have to shift from drive into neutral, turn the engine off. Then when I restart the car and put it in drive, it would run normally. I went to the dealership where they had the throttle position sensor replaced. The issue was supposedly fixed. The stalling happened again after that. I went to the dealership several more times and the stalling problem is still present. What should I do?

This might be the idle air control valve failing. Since this is one of the electronic engine controls which interacts with the engine management system to control idling specifically, it is a prime candidate for this mode of failure. This vehicle/engine series is also sensitive to ignition coil and spark plug replacements (replace the ignition coils all at once, only use the manufacture-specified plugs). Since you didn’t mention these components being changed, we will exclude them from the diagnosis. I recommend having the stalling issue diagnosed firsthand by a professional in order to have the correct repairs done.