Q: My car only accelerates directly after I start it. After a short period, it stops responding to the gas pedal being pressed.

asked by on September 24, 2017

When I start my car, and put it into drive, my car moves. But a very short time after that, it stops pushing forward when I press the gas petal, so I have to restart it again in order to move forward.

You will need to have the computer scanned and the fuel pressure tested to see if the pressure is low. Since there is a problem then the system tests will identify the cause of the loss of power. You either have loss of fuel pressure or a computer sensor like the throttle position sensor causing the problem and only the tests can reveal the cause.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr