Q: Trying to install LED dome lights

asked by on August 19, 2016

I ordered the LED lights from eBay and am trying to install them and have gotten the lights off but can't figure out how to put the LED bulbs into the socket

This is a tough question to answer over a message. I really need to see what you have purchased and what the original looks like. From my experience, installing an LED light should be the same as installing another bulb. If the LED is so different you it doesn’t look obvious, you may have the wrong light bulb. This is not uncommon in the world of aftermarket LED light bulb installation.

Usually I can look up repair procedures in an automotive information system, but no one supplies procedures for replacing dome light bulbs. We have to figure these kinds of repairs out ourselves.

Most auto parts stores can guide you if they are not busy. Bring in the old bulb and the new LED bulb and see what they say. If you can’t find help there, I recommend the getting a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to replace your dome lights. Give us a try if you’re unable to fix it yourself.

I do recommend finding someone to help you or at least someone to compare the two bulbs.

Good luck!