Q: I hear a grinding noise when driving I notice when I move the steering wheel to the left the sound is gone.

Hello,

So I realized that my car is making a loud grinding noise as I drive, sounds like a bike that has a car inserted at the wheel, What I do notice is that when I turn my steering wheel to the left just a bit the noise is gone, but when I turn right, the sounds gets stronger. Also since my girlfriend usually rides passenger she notices a vibration on her side. what could it be?

Hi Renazar. Thanks for contacting us today. Assuming that the noise comes when you are driving forward and not braking, then the noise is likely coming from the wheel bearings that are wearing out. It is also possible that you have a warped brake rotor or damaged brake pads are dragging on the rotor. To correctly diagnose this issue, it’s probably best to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a noise inspection, so they can recommend the right course of action.

3. I hear a grinding noise when driving I notice when I move the steering wheel to the left the sound is gone.