Q: Check engine light has been on for a couple weeks starting blinking 2 days ago

asked by on October 20, 2017

Check engine light has been on for a couple weeks then one day i start it up and while driving it had a little hesitation then the light starting blinking i drove 10 miles home turn it off check my fluids then start it again and it was running rough felt like engine was shaking sounds like a knock somewhere upon looking and listening it sounds like its coming from passengers side of motor if u idle the car up the noise stops

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

When the check engine light is on, it means that the ECU has detected a malfunction and stored a trouble code to tell you what it is. When the check engine light is blinking, it means that the malfunction is bad enough that continuing to drive the car can cause damage. You need to stop driving the car and have the codes read so you can decide what to do about it. If you contact YourMechanic. they can send a technician to your home or office to read the codes stored in your ECU and tell you what can be done about it.