Q: Crankshaft pulley is wobbling after timing belt change, how can I correct this?

I recently changed out all belts and water pump. After reassemble, I noticed the crankshaft pulley and v-belt pulley have a bit of wobble. Wobble that wasn't there before. What could I have messed up to cause this? Is it serious enough to tare it all apart and redo? If I should tare down again, should I consider replacing anything

A: Hi there. The wobble in the crankshaft pull...

Hi there. The wobble in the crankshaft pulley/harmonic balancer may have been there prior to removal and wasn’t noticed. There is no keyway, so missing the keyway is ruled out as a possibility. The harmonic balancer may have been bent upon removal or installation. Removing the harmonic balancer for inspection can be done without complete disassembly. I recommend having your vehicle’s crankshaft pulley wobbles be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.