Q: My rear passenger tire blew out earlier today and tore off some wiring under the car. Replaced wiring but no fuel goes to engine?

I had a blowout on the highway and some wiring got torn off that I guess connected to the gas tank. We replaced the wires with a junkyard car of the same make and model. At first fuel needle was on empty and wouldn't move, after we replaced the wires it went back to its original point but car still won't start, as if no fuel is going into the engine. We have jumped the car already so I know it has something to do with the fuel. Also, no fuel is being pumped when I step on the gas pedal

To determine if the fuel pump is disconnected, turn the key to the "on" (not start) position and listen for the in tank fuel pump momentarily running (the pump should make a brief "whirring" noise and then stop). If you do not hear the pump operating briefly, it is either disconnected or non functional. Obviously, test for power to the fuel pump in that case. If the fuel pump does run momentarily at key "on" but the vehicle will not start, simply request a no start - engine diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My rear passenger tire blew out earlier today and tore off some wiring under the car. Replaced wiring but no fuel goes to engine?