Q: Throttle warning light came on my 2009 Honda Accord v6 what's that mean and about how much to fix it

The throttle body warning light came on what does that mean and about how much to fix it

Your vehicle is equipped with an electronic throttle control (ETC) system also known as "drive by wire". Instead of using a traditional mechanical throttle cable, an electronically controlled motor is used to open and close the throttle. The control module receives an input from the accelerator position sensor and throttle position sensor to determine motor operation. The throttle warning light will be illuminated if the control module detects a problem with the system. The vehicle may also be forced into a reduced power mode. Anything from a faulty sensor in the system to wiring issues in the ETC system could be the root cause. Typically, this is diagnosed as a check engine light diagnostic and if you request that service the responding certified mechanic will identify the root cause and get it resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Throttle warning light came on my 2009 Honda Accord v6 what's that mean and about how much to fix it