Q: AC compressor will not engage

I have not been able to get the ac compressor to engage. There is no power to the clutch. I have checked the relays and they are functioning properly. I am thinking that perhaps it is the ac solenoid switch assembly or perhaps the main ac control. What should I check next for the source of this problem?

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1997 Oldsmobile LSS. If the relay and fuses that power the AC clutch are in good order, the problem may be in the side of the circuit where you command the AC on, like the switch or wiring. A loose or corroded connection can call all kinds of issues. Hire one of our mobile experts to inspect your AC problems and replace the AC control switch if necessary to help you stay cool this summer.