Q: HOT OIL TRANSMISSION ISSUE

"HOT OIL FLASHING UNDER CAR MILEAGE " I ONLY SEE THE WORDS HOT OIL WHEN I STOP CAR AND START IT BACK UP THATS WHEN IT COMES ON .BUT I CAN'T DRIVE IT WHEN IT SAYS HOT OIL CAUSE THE TRANSMISSION RUNS BAD LIKE AROUND 4 TH GEAR I CHANGED THE TCM BUT THAT WASNT THE PROBLEM .NO ONE KNOWS NO ONE NOT EVEN GOOGLE KNOWS LOL ..PLEASE HELP ME SOLVE THIS ISSUE . THE WORDS COME OFF AFTER A COUPLE OF HOURS THEN IM ABLE TO DRIVE IT . BUT SOMETIMES IT COMES ON AFTER ITS BEEN SITTING N MY DRIVEWAY FOR AND HOUR .IDK NO MORE.

Hi there. I am shocked that Google did not have an answer for you; just kidding. Researching information is never a bad thing, just remember comprehension is an important part of applying the information you research. The "Hot Oil" light comes on when the transmission fluid temperature raises beyond a specified range; this range is determined by the engineers. The TCM did not repair the vehicle because this was not the fault. It sounds like the fluid temperature sensor or the associated wiring to the sensor could be at fault. There is also the possibility that there is a restriction or blockage in the cooler or lines that is preventing the fluid from flowing. This would definitely cause an excessively high fluid temperature. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to determine the root cause of the fault and avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a transmission oil temperature light is on inspection.

It sounds to me like you are having an issue with the cooling system for your transmission fluid. The transmission fluid is either cooled by the radiator or a separate transmission cooler. The fluid is transferred from the transmission via transmission cooler lines. The radiator or transmission cooler may have a kink or restriction that is causing the fluid not to be cooled. It is also possible that one of your transmission lines is kinked preventing fluid flow to the radiator or transmission cooler. I would recommend having a certified professional inspect your transmission’s coolng system for any issues. Consider YourMechanic as a certified professional can come to your home or office to inspect your cooling system for you.