Q: What does the color of the engine start/stop switch mean?

asked by on December 14, 2015

What does the color of the engine start/stop switch mean?

Cars equipped with the smart key system and a push-button start have a colored light on the start/stop button. This light can provide you with a lot of information about the condition of the system itself. Here’s a quick rundown:

• The light is amber: This means the ignition is turned to accessory or on, but the engine is not running.

• The light is green: This means the engine is running or is ready to be started.

• The light is flashing green: This means that the steering wheel lock is not released.

• The light is flashing amber: This means there may be a problem with the system and you need to have the car inspected immediately.