Q: It will shift in every gear but reverse won't work could it be the neutral idle switch

asked by on September 13, 2016

If we here in the transmission works except for reverse put it I put it in reverse and idle it up and it doesn't move doesn't do nothing what could it be

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1997 Chevrolet Blazer. This is caused by an internal reverse band or servo actuator failing. You will need to have the transmission pressure tested to see if the reverse servo is being actuated. If it is activated then the reverse drum band clutch material is worn off or there are problems with internal reversing gears. Have a transmission mechanic check the system for you. A certified technician from YourMechanic can also diagnose your shifting problem at your home or office.