Can you bypass the AC compressor? 2004 Chevrolet Trailbl...

Q: Can you bypass the AC compressor? 2004 Chevrolet Trailblazer

asked by on March 15, 2017

I have a 2004 trailblazer an the compressor is going out dont have the money right now to fix can i bypass the compressor

Hello - if the AC compressor clutch and bearing are still OK, you can simply unplug the wire to the compressor clutch, and the clutch pulley bearing will continue to turn with the belt, and no other action is necessary. The compressor can be replaced at a future date when you are ready to do so, the wire plugged back in, and you will be back in business. When you’re ready, I recommend an AC compressor replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, replace your failed compressor, and get you back to cool running.