My passenger window goes down but not up. l4-2.4l avenger...

Q: My passenger window goes down but not up.

asked by on August 03, 2016

My window on the passenger side goes down but not up.

Windows motors are designed to move in both directions and if you operate the motor in both directions and hear the noise inside the door like a grinding noise, then you have a bad window regulator. It is possible that the cable broke inside the regulator or the rollers have broke. If you would like to have this taken care of, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to replace your window regulator for you.