Q: Engine will not engage.

Tried to start today and the only thing that worked were the gages. No ticking from a low battery, no sounds like even a low battery is trying to turn over, nothing. I've had dead batteries before and heard some of these sounds. I've had the car a year, it has been flawless, looks and drives like new. I only drive it evey few weeks, if that much. I don't know but it may be the original battery. I am also curious if there is a low or dead battery in the key fob if that could be the problem. It's Sunday and my mechanic is closed so I thought I would get a quick opinion here.

If the battery is weak enough, it is possible that it may have enough power to power the gauges in the dash, but not enough to engage the starter. This may also be related to a bad ground connection at the battery to the chassis or potentially bad connection at the terminals. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to perform a battery test to inspect your electrical issues and diagnose if you need a battery replacement.

3. Engine will not engage.