Q: 2012 Jeep weird sound at front end

My 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee is making a whining/rubbing type sound when I accelerate or when I take my foot off the accelerator and the speed in winding down. Loudest at the left front end, any ideas on what it may be?

Hello. Thanks for writing in. When it comes to strange noises, the best thing to do is locate the exact place its coming from. The first test should be trying to replicate the noise while at idle. If you can get the noise to happen while watching, you may be able to visibly see what is happening. Does the rubbing sound like metal on metal? At first it sounds like a belt issue, which can be as simple as replacing the belt or tensioner. A metal on metal noise would likely be engine related. If it is engine related, make sure you have good oil at the proper level. A lack of oil will cause noises related to engine speed. Due to when this is happening, it may also be throttle related. Attempt to replicate the sound at idle, and locate the exact area in which the noise is coming from.

3. 2012 Jeep weird sound at front end