Q: Ac off due to high engine temp 2013 Chevrolet Malibu

My car started false overheating... the cars temp gauge was going past normal and I suspected my engine was overheating... pulled over to check my coolant and the reservoir was full. Thinking it might be the thermostat I changed it and flushed the engine just in case some coolant had gelled in the engine.. then replaced the coolant temperature sensor and the message is still there. The temp gauge is still on cold. I'm stuck and don't know what wrong!!

Hello - there are actually 2 temperature sensors on your engine - the first reports temperature to engine management, which varies fuel mixture based on this and other variables. The 2nd temperature sensor feeds the temperature gauge in the instrument panel, and it should mirror the data engine management is getting. If the gauge reads cold when you have reason to believe the engine is quite hot, check the connector and wiring to that sensor. A disconnect of that wiring will give you a very cold reading. Probably best that both coolant temperature sensors are replaced since have conflicting data, and "false" engine management behavior. Check the problem codes, whether the Check Engine light is on or not. If your vehicle is not longer under warranty, and assistance is needed, I recommend an overheating inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Ac off due to high engine temp 2013 Chevrolet Malibu