Q: Car will start and can move into drive and reverse but won't pop into gear

asked by on June 12, 2017

So my car is automatic and starts fine. I can move it into R and D but won't actually move when put into gear it makes a humming noise like it wants to go into gear but won't do it exactly. I was driving casually on bangeter then I stopped for a light and I tried to go again but it wouldn't move forward

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. In many cases, this issue is caused by a failing shift solenoid or transmission fluid that is dirty or causing an obstruction inside the hydraulic lines of the transmission and needs to be flushed. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to shift inspection.