Q: Trunk won't lock

The trunk won't lock even though we tried the remote and the key.

Power door locks are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello. When you say the trunk won’t lock, I am assuming that the trunk lid will latch closed but you are able to open the trunk after remotely locking the car. If your car is equipped with keyless ignition, be sure not to have the key on you and stand at least ten feet away and retry. If you have keyless ignition, you may need to refer to the owner’s manual for operation of the system. You can try this yourself first. If the trunk still opens, you could have a wiring problem or a control unit that is faulty. Your best bet is to have a certified mechanic, inspect your lock to solve your issue.