Q: The van stalls, jerks and hesitates

There are several issues with my van. It stalls a lot while I'm driving it. I would then have to restart it several times to finally get it running. Also, while I'm bringing the van to a stop, the engine would start revving. Then the van would jerk forward. This happens frequently, so I must always apply the brake in these situations as it would pull forward violently. The van also hesitates, when I try to accelerate. The engine seems to be very low on power at that moment but there would suddenly be a click and lurching forward. Do you have any idea what is the cause of these issues?

GM has a TSB out concerning clogged injectors that may cause all of the rough running/no start symptoms that you are experiencing. A professional fuel injector cleaning may help correct these various engine running issues. The procedure does require special tools and equipment along with a specific injector cleaning agent per the manufacturer. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to carry the cleaning procedure along with any other necessary diagnosis needed to pinpoint the cause of your stalling issue.

3. The van stalls, jerks and hesitates