My car starts in the morning with a sputter. elantra 2001...

Q: My car starts in the morning with a sputter.

asked by on March 01, 2017

Yesterday I started my car and it made a funny sputter in the engine.. it last for about five minutes and stops. When it was sputtering I opened the hood and I could here a spark clicking noise that would click like every 5 -10 seconds.Plz help with right advice so I can get the job done without any extra cost

The noise could be either an ignition coil misfiring and causing the engine to stall on a cylinder making the engine sputter or the engine is sputtering with an injector that is sticking until it get hot as it maybe plugging up. Look around the engine to see any flashing lights or arcing. If there is, then the coil is cracked and would need replaced. If there is no flashing lights or arcing, then I recommend flushing out your fuel system with an injection cleaner. If you need further assistance with your engine sputtering on startup, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.