Q: White smoke from exhaust smell like gas 1997 Ford F150

asked by on March 12, 2017

Swapped motor with 99 automatic 150, mine being manual would computer be issue

Car is getting worse gas mileage Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there - check for problem codes first, whether the Check Engine light is on or not. I don’t think it’s a computer problem - more likely a coolant temperature sensor malfunction or leaking injector making it run rich. Check fuel pressure to be sure it’s not too high as well. You should have been able to use your ’97, manual-transmission ECU with the newer engine, if that becomes an issue. I recommend a engine running rough inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr