Q: Check engine light comes on while driving. My vehicle started jerking while driving. I was told it may be the camshaft sensor.

My check engine light has started coming on while driving--today the car started jerking while I was driving it---was told it may be the camshaft sensor.

Hi there. When your car is jerking around, this means that the engine is having a misfire and causing the engine to stumble making the vehicle seem to jerk around. Check the camshaft position sensor for any damage and if the harness is secure to it. Check the spark plugs and wires to see if they have any burn marks on them. The burn marks are hot spots that the spark plug or wire got too much voltage when applied. If the camshaft sensor and ignition wire set are okay, then check the mass air flow sensor (MAF) and see if its dirty. Replace any part that is damaged or is burned. If you need further assistance with your vehicle jerking around, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Check engine light comes on while driving. My vehicle started jerking while driving. I was told it may be the camshaft sensor.