Q: The car shut off at the traffic light, difficulty accelerating

On one occasion, I was driving and my car died out in the middle of the road. It happened at the traffic light. I stopped the car and when I attempted to accelerate, it died out. I took it to a shop and was told it is an ESP malfunction. After that, there were occasional shutoffs but only for a moment. However, the car now has startup issues. I would sometimes try to turn it on for about 20 seconds. I once put the cleaner in the engine, which helped with the startup. I don't know if that solved the issue though. My car still has trouble increasing the speed. The revving wouldn't go over 3800 RPM. What could be causing these problems? What should I check next? Thanks.

Hello there, ESP will generally not cause the vehicle to die. It sounds like you have a few issues with the lack of power, starting, and the car dying. A few items can cause all three of these. Most common would be the fuel pump, fuel injector, exhaust leak, oxygen sensor, or mass air flow sensor. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your stalling issue and perform any repairs required.

3. The car shut off at the traffic light, difficulty accelerating