The car is overheating thermostats v6-3.2l 2002 mercedes-...

Q: The car is overheating

asked by on May 25, 2016

My car seems to be overheating lately. The temperature gauge is showing 90c and the normal is up to 87c. I checked the water pump and it's fine. There are no leaks. I had the thermostat replaced also. The car doesn't make any noise. What should I do? Thanks.

The normal opening temperature of the thermostat is between 85c and 102c. Your car is running in the middle and this is good. You should not be overheating as this is the normal operating range for your engine.

If you start to see the temperature to go beyond the 102c range then have the system checked for overheating.