After running a few miles,with my Ac on my temperature ga...

Q: After running a few miles,with my Ac on my temperature gauge goes to Hot,and my car overheats..When the Ac is on,the car doesn't o

asked by on July 15, 2017

Ater driving a few miles with my Ac on,my car's temperature gauge goes up & my car overheats.When driving with the Ac off,the cars temp gauge stays normal..What could be the cause of this

The engine cooling electric fan is most likely not coming on when the a/c is on and the compressor may of overpressurized and locking up and smoking then leaked out freon. you will need to check to see if compressor is kicking on and radiator fan comes on with the a/c? If not then you will need to check cooling fan fuse and relay to see if they are good and then if you need additional diagnosis then contact a mechanic like one from YourMechanic to do a more in depth diagnosis of system in person.