Q: Where on the alternator is the amp stamp

asked by on June 26, 2017

I have to replace my alternator which is still on my vecile and I need to know if it's a 160 amp or 140 amp but I can't seem to find the amp size and am I looking in the right spot . Need help

Alternator Replacement $151.62 - $1237.14 Get a Quote

If your vehicle has the optional, factory installed towing package you will have the 160 amp alternator. If you never intend to tow anything the lower capacity alternator is fine and will fit. If you do not know whether your vehicle was factory equipped with the towing package, simply provide your VIN number to any Dodge dealer and they can tell you exactly how the vehicle was equipped when it left the factory. You can save a lot of money having your alternator replaced on a mobile basis. If you desire such replacement, please use YourMechanic’s alternator replacement service page to obtain a repair quote and schedule the service. If you have further questions or concerns as you decide what to do, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you get the best possible results.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr