Q: My slip indicator light is on all the time. I just had the car serviced and tires rotated. Why would the slip indicator stay on?

asked by on February 16, 2017

My slip indicator light is on all the time. I just had the car serviced and tires rotated. Why would the slip indicator stay on?

Hi there. The Slip indicator light should blink at certain times. If the vehicle stability control system is operating (actively assisting with handling), you’ll see the Slip indicator light blink. This should also be taken as a warning that the road is slick, and you should drive with caution. If the light is always on, it could be caused by a sensor that is damaged, or may have an electrical connection that is faulty. It’s probably good to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a warning light is on inspection.