Q: Cranking up

Last night when I was about to leave work. I got into my jeep and tried to crank it. It didn't the first time but the second time it did then shut off in a few seconds. My oil light was blinking and so was the check engine light. I looked under the hood and one of the hoses from my radiator to my thermostat(it looked like) was sucked together. And I opened my radiator and it was full. My oil is a little low. I don't know what else to look for or do.

The Check Engine and Oil Pressure Light may flash if the oil pressure switch did not give an oil pressure signal to keep the fuel pump running.

I suggest having the vehicle scanned for any codes, then test and replace the oil pressure switch.

The collapsed coolant hose is a result of the radiator cap vent being clogged and the cap should be replaced. Lastly, the coolant should be serviced if old and not real green.

If you need some help with these checks, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can help you diagnose your cars starting problem and help you fix it accordingly.