Q: Remove tree sap

asked by on October 06, 2016

Hi, my car has had tree sap in 4-5 places since July this year. The sap is now dry. Using a turtle wax bug and tar remover didn't help at all. Which is the best way possible to remove the dry sap?

Thanks.

Hi, thanks for writing in. I would recommend thoroughly hand washing your vehicle with a pressure washer using hot water. Be careful and keep a good distance so you do not damage your paint. If this does not remove the sap, use a commercial product that is specific to sap, like Goof Off. Lastly, rubbing alcohol has proven itself to be an excellent sap remover when combined with a plastic or rubber squeegee. For more on these methods, please refer our article on how to remove sap from a car.