Q: I own a 2014 Chevrolet Captiva about 8 to 10 times a day the key will not come out of the ignition I have had the shifter linkage

The key will not come out of the ignition 75% of the time. I took it to the dealership and had them adjust the shifter thinking maybe that would help it helped for about a week or so and then it started doing it again

The entire shift mechanism should be looked at. The shifter mechanism may be worn or bent if "adjustment" helped temporarily. Also the ignition switch may not be signaling the shifter inter-lock mechanism. Also, if the inter-lock mechanism is loose, out of adjustment, or damaged, the shifter may not get the signal that the brake pedal is depressed. Any of these components being worn,out of adjustment,etc, can make the ignition switch think that the vehicle is not in Park and allow the key to be removed.

Either another trip to the dealership is in order, or a certified technician from yourmechanic.com can come to you and inspect the difficulty removing the ignition key.

3. I own a 2014 Chevrolet Captiva about 8 to 10 times a day the key will not come out of the ignition I have had the shifter linkage