Q: Car is knocking while stopped in Drive mode.

i have toyota vitz 2011 model 1000 cc 30000 km driven...all is best except car is knocking on D mode during stop and in reverse mode kindly help..i do these thing throttle body cleaning insert new plug all filter change clean oxygen senser but still same problem there...

Hi there. There could be an issue with the engine bearings or the transmission thrust bearings. First check all of the fluids in the vehicle. Make sure that they are full and if they are low to top them off. Then while in drive, set the parking brake and rev up the engine a little and see if the noise goes away. If the noise tends to go away, then the engine rod bearings may be worn and causing the oil pressure to be low at a low rpm speed. If the noise is still present, then the transmission thrust bearing could be damaged causing the internals to tap the transmission housing. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose the noise you are hearing.

3. Car is knocking while stopped in Drive mode.