Q: Steam coming from the coolant reservoir

asked by on February 28, 2017

The coolant is fully to the line in the coolant reservoir and the needle on the coolant stays a little behind the half way mark. Steam comes out of the right side of the hood out of the reservoir tank. Any ideas why

Hi there. The coolant reservoir cap could be not sealing properly and causing the coolant to boil and steam coming out the vent or the coolant could be weak and needs changed as the boiling point has been lowered making the coolant boil and steam coming out the vent. If you need further assistance with your cooling system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.