Q: Engine turns over but won't start

After going to the store, when I returned to my car it would turn over but not start. What does that mean. I need your assessment so I'll know if dealership is telling me correctly. Thanks

The ignition coil, ignition control module, or distributor rotor can all fail without warning, leading to a no start. The reason I am leaning towards an ignition system issue is that the vehicle was running before you went to the store. However, if it is an fuel pump issue, it would have tried to start after you left the store, once the fuel pressure equalized. The ignition system should be checked to ensure that there is a spark and if not, then looking further into the ignition system should reveal the issue. You may want to enlist the assistance of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment and training to diagnose and inspect why your car won’t start.